Memory Verses -- Basic List
1. John 3:16 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
2. John 3:36 36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Christ -- the Only Way
3. John 14:6 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Christ -- the Only Way
4. Acts 4:12 12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
5. 2 Corinthians 5:17 17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Assurance of Salvation
6. 1 John 5:11-12 11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
Assurance of Salvation
7. 1 John 5:13 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
All Have Sinned
8. Romans 3:23 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
All Have Sinned
9. Ecclesiastes 7:20 20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.
Sin Brings Death
10. Romans 5:12 12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Sin Brings Death
11. Romans 6:23 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Christ Died for Sin
12. Romans 5:8 8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Believing Brings Salvation
13. Romans 10:9 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Calling Brings Salvation
14. Romans 10:13 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
All Things Work for Good
15. Romans 8:28 28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Cast Care on Him
16. 1 Peter 5:7 7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
17. Psalms 1:1-3 1. Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
God Answers Prayer
18. Matthew 7:7 7. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
God Answers Prayer
19. Jeremiah 33:3 3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
Direct Access to God
20. Hebrews 4:16 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Prayer and God's Will
21. 1 John 5:14-15 14. And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
Prayer and Obedience
22. 1 John 3:22 22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
Prayer and Faith
23. Matthew 21:22 22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
Power to Witness
24. Acts 1:8 8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Command to Witness
25. Mark 16:15 15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
26. Hebrews 10:25 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
27. Luke 6:38 38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
Give the First Fruits
28. Proverbs 3:9-10 9 Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: 10 So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.
Bible -- A Living Book
29. Hebrews 4:12 12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Inspiration of Scripture
30. 2 Timothy 3:16 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Sufficiency of Scripture
31. 2 Timothy 3:17 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
God's Word Eternal
32. Isaiah 40:8 8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
God's Word Infallible
33. Matthew 5:18 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Study the Bible
34. 2 Timothy 2:15 15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
35. Psalms 119:9 9. Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
Christ -- the Lamb of God
36. John 1:29 29. The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
Christ Our Substitute
37. Isaiah 53:6 6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Christ Our Substitute
38. 1 Peter 2:24 24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
Christ Our Righteousness
37. 2 Corinthians 5:21 21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
40. 1 John 1:9 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Christ Is God
41. Matthew 1:23 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Christ Is God
42. Colossians 2:9 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Christ Is God
43. Isaiah 9:6 6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
44. 1 John 1:7 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
45. Colossians 1:14 14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Blood Brings Remission
46. Hebrews 9:22 22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
47. Hebrews 9:12 12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
48. Philippians 1:6 6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
49. Philippians 4:19 19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
50. Philippians 4:13 13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Promised Victory Over Temptation
51. 1 Corinthians 10:13 13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
52. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
Not Ashamed of Gospel
53. Romans 1:16 16. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
54. Matthew 28:19-20 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
55. 2 Corinthians 6:14 14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
Importance of Separation
56. 2 Corinthians 6:17 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
57. 1 Thess. 4:16-18 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
Judgment Seat of Christ
58. 2 Corinthians 5:10 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
59. Matthew 24:21 21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
False Prophets Will Come
60. Matthew 24:24 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Beware of Miracle Workers
61. Matthew 7:22-23 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Judgment After Death
62. Hebrews 9:27 27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Great White Throne
63. Revelation 20:11 11. And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
64. Revelation 20:15 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
65. 1 Peter 1:4 4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
66. Genesis 1:1 1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
67. Colossians 1:16 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Danger of Worldliness
68. 1 John 2:15-17 15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
Sowing and Reaping
69. Galatians 6:7 7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
70. Romans 8:1 1. There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Love One Another
71. John 13:35 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
Trust God--Not Self
72. Proverbs 3:5-6 5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Obedience and Love
73. John 14:15 15. If ye love me, keep my commandments.
God Loved First
74. 1 John 4:19 19 We love him, because he first loved us.
Christ Our Life
75. Galatians 2:20 20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Satan Our Adversary
76. 1 Peter 5:8 8. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
77. 2 Corinthians 4:4 4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Life -- A Vapor
78. James 4:14b 14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
Be Doers -- Not Hearers
79. James 1:22 22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
80. 2 Timothy 3:15 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
81. Proverbs 22:6 6. Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
82. Proverbs 29:15 15. The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.
83. Proverbs 22:15 15. Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.
Children Obey Parents
84. Colossians 3:20 20 Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.
Children Honor Parents
85. Exodus 20:12 12. Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Prayer and Wisdom
86. James 1:5 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
87. 1 Timothy 2:5 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
88. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 17 Pray without ceasing.
Pray About Everything
89. Philippians 4:6-7 6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Prayer and Vain Repetition
90. Matthew 6:7-8 7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
Fruit of the Spirit
91. Galatians 5:22-23 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Works Won't Save
92. Ephesians 2:8-9 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Obedience Brings Peace
93. Philippians 4:9 9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
A Living Sacrifice
94. Romans 12:1 1. I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
A Transformed Mind
95. Romans 12.2 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Priest's Can't Save
96. Hebrews 10:11 11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
97. 1 Corinthians 2:14 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Don't Give Up
98. 1 Corinthians 15:58 58. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
Sins of Omission
99. James 4:17 17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
100. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
Great High Priest
101. Hebrews 4:14 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
Sympathetic High Priest
102. Hebrews 4 :15 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
103. 2 Corinthians 9:8 8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:
Wives Submit to Husbands
104. Ephesians 5:22 22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
Husbands Love Wives
105. Ephesians 5:25 25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
106. Proverbs 15:1 1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.
107. 1 Corinthians 2:9 9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
Delight in God
108. Psalms 37:4 4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Shield of Faith
109. Ephesians 6:16 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Obedience Brings Discernment
110. Hebrews 10:14 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.